Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mike Procyshyn & the Comfort in Ghosts


I really thought I had heard of most of the genres of music that are out there. That is until I received a message from Mike, from Mike Procyshyn & the Comfort in Ghosts, talking about the band. He told me that there were too many influences in the band,so they just adopted the genre of Beard Rock. The influences including Nirvana, Queen, Wilco, Queen, Radiohead, Townes Van Zandt, and Conway Twitty. The influences blend together wonderfully to create some simply amazing music. They have a new EP out called simply " the houdini EP", and all of the tracks on here are great. You can check out the new EP at the links below, while there, you can check out a few other releases they have, including a free B-sides download. Oh, and I don't even have a beard, and I am loving this Beard Rock.

the houdini EP: http://mpandthecigs.bandcamp.com/album/the-houdini-ep

Their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mikeprocyshyn

1 comment:

  1. You know... I listened to them, and I agree that their sound is so funky. But it's awesome and catchy as hell.
    Good find, Urke. Good find.

    ReplyDelete